When you think of Medicare coverage, you likely think of what is commonly called Original Medicare, or Medicare Parts A and B, that may not come with a lot of easy expenses for your wallet. Another part of Medicare is Part C, Medicare Advantage. This part sometimes gets overlooked, but we like to recommend it even more often to our clients. Here is what you need to know about Medicare Advantage.
- The “all in one” plan: Medicare advantage is commonly called the “all in one” plan because it includes Part A and B plans, or Original Medicare, and Part D plans, or prescription drug coverage, all in one affordable bundle.
- Affordable costs: Some Medicare Advantage plans can offer lower out-of-pocket costs compared to Original Medicare as long as you stay in-network for healthcare and services.
- Additional coverage: Medicare Advantage also offers additional coverage compared to Original Medicare like prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, and fitness memberships. Some plans may even offer coverage while traveling.
- No Medigap needed: With Original Medicare, you may need Medigap, or Medicare Supplement Insurance for additional help with covering out-of-pocket costs. With Medicare Advantage, no supplemental insurance is required or needed to cover such costs.
- Private health insurance company options: Medicare Advantage allows for Medicare coverage to be provided through private health insurance companies, including select HMOs, PPOs, and Regional PPOs as long as they have been accepted in the Medicare program.
There is a lot to consider when it comes to Medicare, and you shouldn’t have to go through it all on your own. Here at Jeannie Pierce Insurance Agency, we’d be happy to walk you through your Medicare options, including Medicare Advantage. Just give us a call today.